Thursday, June 16, 2011

Define Your Dream & Go Make it Happen !


"I like to believe it’s better to be prepared and to never have the opportunity than to have the opportunity and not be prepared.

As my grandmother grew older she got really sick. My uncle called the family and said we’d have to put her in the county hospital. Now, there is nothing wrong with the county hospital. I know these people mean well, but many times they are overworked and underpaid. But because I worked hard to achieve my dream, we had the resources to put her in a private home with around-the-clock care.

Realize that the cost each month for her care was more than my dad ever made as a university professor with a PhD. Yet we were able to pay that every month.

Do you think she lived for another year? Two? Three? The doctors gave her 6 months, yet she lived another seven years. She didn’t die in a hospital bed with a bunch of bedsores. She died without a single one because of the personal care that we were able to provide for her.

What can you do with the money you make? You choose!

Some people say, “I don’t want the big boat on the lake or the lake house. I just want to do good for others.”

Do you want to know what’s exciting? It’s not either-or; you can do both. You aren’t limited by a single choice. You don’t have to choose shoes for your children or the Ferrari. I wouldn’t be too happy with myself if I had a Ferrari and I couldn’t afford school clothes for my children. The fun thing is you can drive a Ferrari and have shoes and clothes for your children.

You get to do both! It’s not an either-or! God is a god of abundance; you get to choose and you get to choose whatever you choose. You choose where you give and what you do. So, choose! Choose! Choose! But mostly, choose to live your dream. Define your dream and then go make it happen."

No comments:

Post a Comment